Concussion - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion.
What were the symptoms of your concussion?

Published: April 19

I had a significant concussion 20 years ago from a car accident. I struck above my left eye during the accident. I had personality changes, short term memory changes, one of two kinds of headaches several times a day for every day for 2 years. One day I woke up and realized I had not had a headache for a couple of days. At that time I was given the term post concussion syndrome. Until that time, I thought all syndrome medical diagnosis were "hooey" - that event changed my attitude for certain. Since that time I have had the occasional HA, memory loss associated with being an over 50 female :-) but no other lasting issues. Two weeks ago I was head butted by a 90+ lb Lab while breaking up a dog fight. I had two black eyes and a laceration to my forehead above my eyes. 24 hours later I began to vomit and bought myself a CT scan which was negative for a bleed. Obviously I am concussed again. It has been the worst two weeks of my life, between the initial nausea and vomiting and the headaches. Now it is just the fog I am in, the occasional headache, and how I just feel a "bubble off center". I am a critical care nurse. I now have a new appreciation for the head injured patients I see. I am also amazed at how some of these sports figures go through this time after time. I know one head injury or concussion makes you an easier victim for a second concussion but this really makes a believer out of me!.

I had a bad fall resulting in a hard low to the right side of my head just above my right eye. I was knocked out for about 15 to 20 minutes. I have had a cat scan and have been off work for 11 days now. I still feel like my head is swelled and have headaches throughout the day. I have been having constant neck pain. I went back to the doctor today and she finally said I want you to have a MRI done, but I don't think we will find anything. .