Headache - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Headache (Mild).
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?

I have had a pituitary tumor removed and suffer with permanent migraine various visits to neurologist and drs did not help finally changed to a new endocrinologist jackpot injections of Sandostatin LAR helped for a short time migraines disappeared however medication lasted for shorter and shorter periods of time after a referral to Shands hospital wow an added dose of short acting Sandostatin 3 times a day wonderful I am finally in control of my own pain and can adjust the doses when I need to. Don't give up keep looking till you find a dr that actually listens to you and try and document symptoms when and where they begin and anything that sets it off the more info you have the better chance of getting someone to listen. .

I have had headaches for nearly 2 years now. I get to where I cannot think. I get disoriented and my right eye gets blurred. For over a year I have visited the doctor and with a block procedure sometimes I get relief, but some do not work. I’ve had one work for nearly 7 months and some do not work at all. I have tried all types of migraine medicine with no results. Now I take morphine Sulfate 15mg at night and for spikes I take oxycodone 10/325. The bad thing is after the blocks when the pain returns, it returns with a vengeance. Sometimes it comes back 300 % worse. I am getting at wits end as it is just about impossible to think, or even try to work! I need help, but do not know where to go to get it! .