Chronic Kidney Disease - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease.
Please describe your experience with chronic kidney disease.

Published: April 21

My husband went on dialysis two years ago because of chronic kidney disease. We did not fully understand how important it was to take some of the medicines he was given. Phosphorus binders! By not taking them as he should, he developed a condition called calciphylaxis which resulted in a leg amputation. Please look this up and see what can happen if you do not take your binders. He is doing well now, but for one year he suffered..

I was just told by a letter that I am in stage 3 kidney failure. I go see a doctor on the 8th of October. But in the meantime, not knowing how many stages there are I got on here. I am even more nervous now. My mother died from this and so did my aunt, her baby sister..