Lymphoma - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lymphoma.
Lymphoma symptoms can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Published: March 15

I was diagnosed with mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma of my left eye today. It started as a swelling in the lower conjunctival area which I attributed to allergy. After several months the growth was bigger and curved around my eye a bit and was salmon colored. This is called a salmon patch. I had surgery last Tuesday to remove the lesion. I am optimistic but I have also had unexplained gastric bloating and reflux that I thought was related to dairy intolerance. However, I would get the bloating sometimes with only a sip of water. I hope that is not a sign that I have this in my stomach but I will have to wait and see what the workup/staging reveal..

Published: June 15

It began as a sinus infection. I had swelling on the left side of my face, then I felt a lump under my eye. I had a biopsy and diagnosis was lymphoma, cancer of the white blood cells. They have scheduled 2 MRIs and a PET scan. I am waiting for appointment with the oncologist..