Lymphoma - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lymphoma.
Lymphoma symptoms can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Published: June 15

It began as a sinus infection. I had swelling on the left side of my face, then I felt a lump under my eye. I had a biopsy and diagnosis was lymphoma, cancer of the white blood cells. They have scheduled 2 MRIs and a PET scan. I am waiting for appointment with the oncologist..

Published: April 16

I had the flu like symptom for 4 months and had to go to the doctor for steroid shots and breathing treatments. Then I had my doctor make me an appointment with a pulmonary doctor in another city. This doctor right away found a mass on the left side of my neck and sent me for a CAT scan which showed I have tumors all over my left chest wall and in my spleen I have large cell lymphoma. I am in stage 4 and I am going to die soon. We found the NHL (non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma) too late for treatments. I get so tired so fast now, I was always so active; I was a nurse. My breathing is worse by the day it seems if it were not for my breathing treatments an oxygen and the steroids I would not be able to breathe at all. I never dreamed this would happen to me. But we never know, do we? I have no pain whatsoever so far..