Torticollis - Stretches

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis.
What stretches have you tried to alleviate your torticollis?

Published: April 15

I have had spasmodic torticollis for over 5 years. A physical therapist has me doing certain neck, shoulder, and arm stretching movements which do help and I have had Botox injections for about 2 years which help some. I walk a few blocks every day and that also helps. The chiropractor is also good (every week or less). Green Earth Naturals for deep green algae for the rich nutrients are very helpful..

My chiropractor and I agree I should try Botox for my torticollis but my family doctor has never heard of this treatment. I’m 71 and my doctor is older than I am. He won't consider a referral to a neurologist. Where I live you are lucky to have a doctor so I don't insist. I use heat a lot. The touching of opposite side to short circuit brain is effective for a few seconds. Anti-depressants help me cope and I have many other medical problems. No fun. I hope everyone finds the right treatment for them. My condition came on slowly over several years and pain only started a year ago..