Sepsis (Blood Infection) - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sepsis.
What was the cause of your sepsis (blood infection)?

Having a pain in my left side at waist level I was given cream to rub on. I went back to the doctors in five days after taking my temperature. I was in hospital within hours, I had an abscess in my peritoneum which had burst, and when I tried to eat everything came back up. For 5 weeks every day blood was taken until they found something that would help the sepsis, in the meantime I was so weak it was so tiring to be sick every time I tried to eat. I was put on chrysomycin injections for 6 weeks twice a day, then 2 week off, and then another course of 4 weeks. I am still here after 50 years..

Published: March 24

On June 17th, 2014 my colon ruptured, sending me into septic shock. I almost died from it. I had no idea what it was. I had never heard of it. I was in the ICU on a ventilator for 5 days. The doctor didn't think I would make it. It is a miracle I did. I am suffering from the aftermath of sepsis. I need more info on this monster. I need to know where I can go for treatment and to get help..