Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst.
Please describe the treatment for your ganglion cyst.

I have a ganglion cyst on my left second toe, it is not painful, but is ugly and I wear sandals frequently. I had it removed twice by two different foot surgeons, had an extremely painful recovery and it came back within about two years both times. The third time, I had laser treatment on it about 10 times and it went away on its own. Unfortunately, about 2 or 3 years later it returned again and I still have it. I do not plan to have surgery because the recovery is so painful and it does not stay away anyway. I am still looking for another resolution that would be more permanent..

My ganglion cyst the size of a blackberry was at the end of my finger just above the cuticle. I cut off the top and drained it, then applied alcohol. Three times it filled up again. The 3rd time, while it was open, I used melaleuca oil on it 2 or 3 times a day. It did the trick..