Enlarged Prostate - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Enlarged Prostate.
What were the symptoms you experienced with an enlarged prostate?

I have experienced frequent urination problems for years. Recently, while driving in late January, I experienced a severe urge to urinate. I stopped to alleviate. I was only able to slowly urinate. About 15 to 30 minutes later I had the same problem. After small urination I felt relieved. I made it to where our daughter lives. I developed a 101 fever. Then I couldn't urinate, and went to the emergency room. They did bloodwork and inserted a catheter. I took Cipro and cephalexin and the infection cleared up. I went back to my urologist. I am taking tamsulosin and finasteride, and scheduled for surgery in April. I still have catheter. Infection is not due to urinary tract infection; possibly, infection in other parts of body or prostatitis..

Published: March 03

I have not yet been diagnosed with enlarged prostate however my doctor seems to think that could be the cause of my symptoms. I have soreness and tingling sensation during and after urination. When I want to go I can’t hold it for too long. I had blood in urine on one occasion. I am due to go for a scan and examination (cystoscopy) in the next few days. I also have erection problems since finding blood in urine..