Ringworm on Body - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ringworm on Body.
Please describe your experience with ringworm. What treatments helped?

Published: April 19

Use isopropyl alcohol to avoid further enlargement of ringworm rashes, based on my experience. Then after 6 hours put anti-fungal ointment..

Published: April 26

My 6 year old daughter got it on her inner thigh. It is a little bigger than a quarter. It has been 3 weeks and it still isn’t gone. I have given her a prescription cream twice a day. It is very important to not put anything on it. For about a week I would put a band aid on it when I put the cream on because I didn’t want the medicine to rub off. Well that set me back a week because it didn’t get any better. It needs to get air, so then I would put it on her and make her lay there for 10 minutes before I put pants on her. I have also put Cortaid on it when it itches. She would wake up in the middle of the night and say it itches so bad I can’t stand it and it would stop the itch. It seems to get worse when she scratches it, so try to prevent that as much as possible. Good luck I've got a call into the doctor now to see what else I can do..