Ringworm on Body - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ringworm on Body.
Please describe your experience with ringworm. What treatments helped?

Published: April 26

My 6 year old daughter got it on her inner thigh. It is a little bigger than a quarter. It has been 3 weeks and it still isn’t gone. I have given her a prescription cream twice a day. It is very important to not put anything on it. For about a week I would put a band aid on it when I put the cream on because I didn’t want the medicine to rub off. Well that set me back a week because it didn’t get any better. It needs to get air, so then I would put it on her and make her lay there for 10 minutes before I put pants on her. I have also put Cortaid on it when it itches. She would wake up in the middle of the night and say it itches so bad I can’t stand it and it would stop the itch. It seems to get worse when she scratches it, so try to prevent that as much as possible. Good luck I've got a call into the doctor now to see what else I can do..

I have ignored ringworm on my upper arm just above the bicep. It doesn't itch and is not responding to various OTC creams. Funny thing is, I got this months after leaving a women's shelter and being homeless in my car for a couple of months while discovering my husband was not just mean or jealous but a man who hears voices and sees things and they tell him to hurt me. I stayed at a spotless, surgically clean house at a church, then a motel for a week before they helped me with deposits to get in a clean looking apt. The place is pet friendly, but the pet owners keep to themselves. I've went to thrift shops for clothes and wash them but I wonder if just trying them on exposed me? I'm grateful they (two) don't itch or appear to be getting worse. A neighbor alerted the management office and now they inspect my house and seem to worry about clutter and clean laundry that is not folded or hung..