Oral Herpes - How Did You Manage

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Oral Herpes.
How do you manage your oral herpes (herpes simplex virus) infection?

I am 15 now and have had oral herpes since I could remember I have an out about 9 times a year it's so embarrassing I miss so much school because of it l. I feel like it controls my life. I have severe asthma and bad allergies this makes me miserable I even had if before my first kiss. I'm talking since I was 6 or 7. I don't know if I passed it on but I didn't know at first I thought it was an outbreak from allergies..

Published: March 26

I have had oral herpes since I was a child. My mother has them too, and does nothing to stop the spread. It's hard to not kiss my children all the time, but they grow up knowing that "when mommy has a lip owie, she can't kiss." They give me kisses on my forehead instead and we have extra hugs. It is also very painful to not kiss my husband. However, I am 100% determined to not pass this on to anyone, especially those I love. I mostly want to thank those who feel the way I do, but are as determined as I am to not pass this on. Thank You..