Ingrown Toenails - Effective Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ingrown Toenails.
What treatment has been effective for your ingrown toenails?

I have been taking my son to a podiatrist every 6 to 9 months to trim his big toe nails. He has ingrown toenails. She said it is hereditary. There is nothing we can do to prevent it and every so often it will grow into his skin and hurt. I do keep his toes moisturized and nails trimmed, and buy shoes with a roomy toe box. He is now 9 and we started taking him at 5. He tells me when it hurts and I bring him in for a trim. I tell him to think of it as similar to going to the dentist. It is something he will always have to do twice a year his whole life to take care of himself..

Published: March 11

I got great relief and after a few days full healing after making a v shape incision into the nail within one inch of the corner where the ingrown nail was hurting very much. I did not require seeing a specialist at all. Hope this helps someone else..