Brain Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brain Cancer.
What were the symptoms of your brain cancer?

I was diagnosed at age 44 with stage II brain cancer after losing coordination of my left side motor skills and having a seizure. The tumor was removed and I underwent radiation and chemotherapy. Things went back to normal for a couple of years until small seizures and signs of a small tumor reappeared (via MRI). Upon my second operation at age 48 I was diagnosed as having stage III (anaplastic astrocytoma). I again went through radiation and chemotherapy. Things were fine for about 6 months and then I started losing my left motor skills again. Things have stabilized, but have not returned to normal after extensive therapy. I do continue to work and drive. Best of all I just remarried and have returned from my honeymoon in Bermuda. While life (my body and mind) will not be the same I do find ways to survive. I am currently 51 and am on a maintenance drug called Avastin. While it does not attack cancer, it does prevent a tumor from re-growing so far..

The nice lady I look after 24 hours a day has some not so great symptoms of brain cancer. Her eye gets puffy, she feels like her one side of her head has a great deal of pressure, and there was a slight numbness. Her doctor does not take her seriously because of her age maybe. I will say to everyone out there if your doctor sends you home without checking out your symptoms and you find you have brain cancer, please take action against these doctors, this will be the only way doctors will thoroughly check a patient out, instead of hustling the patient out of the room as fast as possible..