Genital Warts (HPV Infection) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection).
What were effective treatments for your genital warts?

I was married to a man that cheated and soon after finding out about the many affairs. I was told I had warts. I quickly divorced him! This was back in 1979 the doctor didn't know much about the warts and didn't call it HPV. I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread. The next 2 doctors did laser surgery in 1982 to remove them. 2 years later they grew back close to where the 1st ones were so I had laser surgery again. They have grown back and I was finally told it was HPV. I didn't know anything about HPV but have had it for 33 years now and they have spread to all parts of my body. In just the last two years I have 2 on my leg 1 above the knee and 1 below. I have 1 on my arm and 1 on my neck. I have hated dealing with these things for all these years and now they seem to be going wild. It's very embarrassing going to the doctor. I have put it off for several years but now I have to go soon and I hate it because I did nothing to get this. I was married and never thought anything about a STD, but now I have to deal with doctors that are probably not but I feel they are judgmental, but I'm sure it's just me. I want to scream out, "I was married and never had sex with anyone but him" This HPV is a everywhere and all you need is 1 person to give it to you and you will have it for life and when you’re in your 60's you will still be dealing with it. I would love to see someone put up what are the best treatments to ask for..

I have mine cauterized by my OB 8 days ago, spinal anesthesia was required to ease the pain while burning the warts. She even had me use catheter after for the wound to be treated easily. After 24 hrs I was sent back home I asked the doctor to take off catheter as I am not comfortable in using one, every time I pee the pain is unbearable and it’s killing me. I am used to seeing blood and green discharge as its normal after cauterization, As of today I am taking in high dosage of pain killer to ease the pain, by the way i got one 1 year ago and warts were like multiplying from time to time that why I have decided to have it surgically removed. I am hoping that it'll not come back as doctor advised me for regular check up and shot of gardasil o prevent it from coming back. By the way I only have 3 partners all my life and never been experienced having sex with men. My current for 1 year and 3 months is HPV negative; my previous for 6 years is also HPV free..