Genital Warts (HPV Infection) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection).
What were effective treatments for your genital warts?

I got the genital wart about one and a half years ago. I went to see a skin doctor and he used nitrogen and gave me some cream to apply and it was fully gone in a month’s time..

I was married to a man that cheated and soon after finding out about the many affairs. I was told I had warts. I quickly divorced him! This was back in 1979 the doctor didn't know much about the warts and didn't call it HPV. I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread. The next 2 doctors did laser surgery in 1982 to remove them. 2 years later they grew back close to where the 1st ones were so I had laser surgery again. They have grown back and I was finally told it was HPV. I didn't know anything about HPV but have had it for 33 years now and they have spread to all parts of my body. In just the last two years I have 2 on my leg 1 above the knee and 1 below. I have 1 on my arm and 1 on my neck. I have hated dealing with these things for all these years and now they seem to be going wild. It's very embarrassing going to the doctor. I have put it off for several years but now I have to go soon and I hate it because I did nothing to get this. I was married and never thought anything about a STD, but now I have to deal with doctors that are probably not but I feel they are judgmental, but I'm sure it's just me. I want to scream out, "I was married and never had sex with anyone but him" This HPV is a everywhere and all you need is 1 person to give it to you and you will have it for life and when you’re in your 60's you will still be dealing with it. I would love to see someone put up what are the best treatments to ask for..