Vaginal Infections - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vaginal Infections.
What was your experience with vaginal infections?

I had burning, swelling, soreness and itching. I had treated it as a yeast infection a few times but it came back so I went to the OB. She looked and said it was BV and prescribed 3 Clyndamicin suppositories. Everything was great for a week. The symptoms were back and were much worse. They prescribed metronidizole 500mg twice a day, after 3 days of taking the pill my symptoms were even worse, severe pain, swelling, severe itching, tenderness, soreness. I went back to the OB and they took two samples. I now have a yeast infection on top of the BV, they are not sure what is causing the BV (they will know Monday). They gave me a pill for the yeast infection and 3 more doses of clyndimicin suppositories and told me to continue taking the metronidizole. Also they said cortisone for the skin in that area. I'm still pretty miserable. This has been a horrible experience. They wanted to test me again for STD's but I'm in a monogamous relationship and have already been tested. I will post the outcome on Monday..

I had terrible vaginal infections. Once the discharge is out, the skin irritation itchiness occurs. Thanks to my diet rich in garlic and turmeric, I don’t have these symptoms anymore. I can feel it is still there but life is as normal as it used to be. Prior to following the diet rich in garlic (around seven whole garlic pieces and a pinch of turmeric powder in my cooking), I had suffered since last year the symptoms of vaginal infections..