Brown Recluse Spider Bite - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brown Recluse Spider Bite.
What was your experience with brown recluse spider bite?

Published: December 06

On my right calf I have two puncture wounds that haven't healed. My leg hurts from the bites down. Sometimes it is hard to walk. I had very high blood pressure after I was bitten. It has been a month and one bite hasn't healed and I am getting a little worried. I am sure it is some kind of spider bite because I destroyed a couple of nests outside my front door..

Unbelievable, I was bitten 6 months ago in a hotel laundry/ironing room where it was warm dark, unventilated and for most of the time without people. The symptoms were classic, the shock and unbelief of what this spider can do to you is awesome. After the initial operations and daily wound care the side effects not usually known were nausea, dizziness, failing eyesight, liver, kidney and pancreas monitoring and high antibiotic medication together with steroid treatment to stop inflammation. Then a series of painful ulcers developing on the spine requiring 8 operations. One ulcer or abscess was 87mm in Diameter on my spine. The Doctors here in England were very good but had no experience such as Doctors in USA with this type of incident. Now 6 months later I am experiencing major stomach issues the antibiotics I had killed off my natural good bacteria and I have just started treatment to get rid of a C' Diff infection so all in all the little spider is very powerful if it bites you get to the nearest hospital and prepare yourself for 6-12 months of pain and tribulations..