Brown Recluse Spider Bite - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brown Recluse Spider Bite.
What was your experience with brown recluse spider bite?

I was bitten by a brown recluse spider in September 2005. It was located above my right breast. I did not know that I had even been bitten until the next day. I had a fever of 102 and a spot that went from a pimple size to a half dollar. I had to have surgery and every other day go to the surgeon to remove dead tissue. After 2 weeks I was able to handle my wound at home. I have been sick ever since. I honestly believe it triggered rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that was dormant in my system and perhaps would have developed in my later age. I am now disabled due to RA and back problems..

I was bitten by a brown recluse spider in June of 2014. It must have walked and bitten me 3 times. I felt the pain under my long pants, took them off, shook out the critter and smashed it. I had large open weeping painful sores for about 10 weeks. They left scars, the largest of which must have been the first bite where the most venom was left. Up to now this is pretty much the same as everyone else's story. This May, I developed a bad asthma attack and pneumonia and was placed on steroids which dropped my immune system. What do you know! In the area of the largest scar, it erupted as if it were a brand new bite. My doctor said there must have been enough old venom hidden in there to react when my immune system was down. I've been on antibiotics again for 5 weeks with little progress. Grouchy and pesky little critters..