Leg Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Leg Pain.
What was the cause of leg pain?

I was walking at night and tripped and fell hard on the cement; that was two years ago and most of the injuries are ok. Just in the outside cord of muscle on my left leg above the knee (and slightly below the knee), the pain is debilitating and is making life miserable. I've been prescribed pain pills and lead a healthy life and my weight is fine. But the pain is with me most of the time. The doctors don't say much and I'm afraid they just don't want to tell me bad news..

Published: December 01

After sleeping for a couple of hours I used to be awakened by a severe leg ache in my right leg ache that would go away when I stood and walked a little but would wake me again in a couple hours. I was getting little sleep and the pain and muscle weakness were extending into the day. I have found I can avoid the waking with pain if I sleep on my back or as someone else mentioned, hang the foot over the side of the bed. When I do these things the pain does not start and the muscles are almost back to normal. I think some pressure is blocking the circulation when lying on my side. Sound too simple? Try it..