Hip Pain - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hip Pain.
What was effective in treating your hip pain?

I have always had some arthritis pain in my hips, but tolerable pain. I used to walk 2 miles per day and my hips would hurt for maybe the first mile, then it would ease up. For the last month I can't walk for 200 feet without a severe burning pain in the front area of my hips/top of my legs. I can't even continue walking at all it hurts so badly. I just have to stand still for 1 to 2 minutes until the burning pain subsides, then walk for another 100 to 200 feet and stop again. I've had MRIs and x-rays on my hips and am told that I am not a candidate for any hip replacements..

My severe hip pain was due to my sacroiliac joint in the pelvis being out of place. Chiropractor, doctor, and physical therapist couldn't diagnose. Finally, a different physical therapist diagnosed me correctly, worked the area, set the joint right by pulling my leg and all was well with further stretching. .