Plantar Warts - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Plantar Warts.
What was your experience with plantar warts?

I have had painful plantar warts for more than 25 years. I tried really everything to get rid of them, but the condition became worse. I got laser therapy, and after a painful healing period the warts returned even more painful. Finally they were removed surgically, and after almost one month of horrible pain they came back again, deeper and larger than before. Today I am almost unable to walk as they hurt awfully. I deeply regret having them treated. If I would have let them alone I would never have been disabled as I am now..

My plantar warts started as a small swelling like a pimple that didn’t hurt but as time went on, it started to swell and get hard and a bit painful. I tried cutting it off with a nail cutter but this didn’t work, even medication of salicylic acid in a pencil form hasn’t helped. Now my toe is more painful than ever, walking or wearing closed shoes is hard. My toe is now turning darker and the skin around is peeling off too..