Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chalazion (Lump in Eyelid).
What was the treatment for your chalazion?

I just had my 5th surgery for chalazions yesterday. One upper, and one lower. It is the first time my Dr. put me out. I have been awake 4 times. I believe my previous scar tissue is why I keep getting them. I do like the recommendation of exercising to help increase body temperature. Three years ago, I used warm compresses so often that it popped from the outside. Once it had a scab, I ripped it off and got it was gone. I tried that again, to no avail. Thanks for all of your recommendations..

My fifteen year old daughter has MULTIPLE chalazions on her eyelids. They have been there for 18 months. She has done warm compresses and antibiotic eye ointment for the entire time. She has been on oral antibiotic for the past two months (1 month of Keflex and now Doxycycline). We have seen a little improvement and have a month of antibiotics left. We are praying she heals completely and that they NEVER come back. It is difficult for her at such a sensitive age group but believe it or not it is more difficult for me to hear her say she looks like a MONSTER..