Abscess - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abscess.
What treatment was effective for your abscess?

I know it may sound really strange but I was in so much pain from recurrent abscesses (I had around 10- 6 or 7 of them were 'operated' on and some made my leg swell twice the size with the abscess in between the size of an egg and a cricket ball). The abscesses were usually on my leg or in my arm pit; I had one in my rectum area too. I had been to the doctors so many times and put on dicloxicillin which seemed to help at the time, yet they still kept on recurring. I searched and searched the internet for answers and cures and I stumbled upon earth clinic that seemed to have a number of people who had raved about turmeric (over 300 out of 320- something like that- people had said it worked for them when having recurring boils). So I gave it a try- it tastes horrible, I mixed 1 to 2 teaspoons with hot water then downed it. I probably did this for a couple of weeks daily. I think there are capsules you can get if you really hate the taste. It really worked for me. Then I followed the instructions that if I ever felt another one coming (once or twice I had the start of a lump) and it went right down after drinking turmeric. Sorry if this doesn’t work for you, but if it can help someone I will feel happy that I wrote this. I know I was desperate and am so happy I found this simple cure- with almost no side effects..

I developed a bad abscess on my pelvis. It had gone from a small bump to the size of a baseball in just four short days. I went to the ER and they admitted me immediately. Within 24 hours I was in surgery. The result was a giant hole in my pelvis and three days of IV antibiotics. Now I am attending a wound care clinic every four days and the doctor said it will be quite some time before I heal. What a crazy place for an abscess to develop!.