Whiplash - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Whiplash.
What was the cause of your whiplash and how was it treated?

I was at work putting a binder on a file cabinet about 6 feet up as I leaned over the file binder fell off and hit the back of my neck and head. I was checked by physicians assistant given toradol and muscle relaxers. I was also on gabapetin and xanax. I really had bad headaches from the back of my head but until I was terminated and went off muscle relaxers and gabapentin i really did not know what trouble I was still in it has been over a year but I think with all of the pain relievers and given toradol shots as needed I think I have a serious problem. Chronic headaches nausea neck soreness top of spine swelling..

I was in a car accident with my mother and children on vacation. My mother rear ended someone. We were going 40 mph and the other person had just stopped and slammed on the brakes. My shoulder and neck hurt and all fingers on one side were hurt. They X-rayed my shoulder and I had to go to a nurse to have her read my chart. They were trying to discharge me without saying anything and the nurse could not find my chart. My upper back aches and left shoulder has aches and sharp pain..