Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epididymitis.
What were the symptoms of your testicle infection and how was it treated?

Hi, I had a vasectomy done in 2006 and I was what they call one of 1/2000 cases for an incidence of congenital absence of the vas. So the smart surgeon thought to go further when he did not find the vas on my left side and decided to give me more sedation and to open up the incision and delivered the entire testicle outside of the incision but the stubborn surgeon did not find any vas, so he replace the testicle and closed me with 3-0 vicryl and 4-0 monocryl (what ever it means). When the operation was done I was in so much pain that I needed someone to give me something to forget about the pain. Now the real reason I am writing to you is that I had discomfort in my scrotum since. The pain comes and goes with time. My pain is more present when I do exercise especially. Now it is 2011 and went to a physician again a new one, but to my surprise the old physician, who made my vasectomy moved in is the office a month before meeting with the new one. I thought hum, interesting. So the new physician though to put a finger in my rectum and said. You may have an inflammation of the scrotum and need to take "SEPTRA DS" for one month. Oh I forgot to say that I had ultrasound done but they did not find anything..

Published: December 02

This is my first time writing, but third to fourth time with discomfort, and second time with swelling of the left testicle. The last time I went in to the E.R. and they told me I had an infection in the tubes that carry semen. Funny thing about that, I had a vasectomy, how can I get an infection? I was given the antibiotics Doxycycline. It went away (thank God) Now, it has all come back, pain in the pelvic region, swelling of the left testicle..