Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epididymitis.
What were the symptoms of your testicle infection and how was it treated?

I was told I got epididymitis two months ago and have seen 3 doctors giving 6 antibiotics for 7 days including Ofloxal, vibramycin, cefuroxime and Ciproxyl which were not working well with my testicle and lower back pain. The pain is somewhat making me really depressed and think of excision of my testis. Finally I was referred to a urologist who, after asking me all the treatment history, told me that antibiotics I took should have killed any bacteria and my pain may be reflexive pain. He gave me gabapentin saying that will ease nerve pain and it works..

Published: March 24

I have had testicle infection for 6 years! I have off and on pain from epididymitis, I got it from chlamydia. I had it treated with medicines but pain persisted. I am with no relief until now! The answer is heat! I applied some Tiger balm directly and all over my affected testicle. And the pain slowly subsided. I finally have gotten my life back. Maybe even trying a heat pack may work too. Good luck..