Broken Foot - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Foot.
How did you break your foot and what was the treatment?

I broke my heel and another bone in my foot 6 months ago after falling down a staircase. I went to Accident and Emergency and was told it was a soft tissue injury. After a week I got a call to go back as I had broken bones. I had to wear a moon boot for 4 weeks. I was told I could walk on it with boot on but not without, not too painful after then. But now after all this time it is agony and affecting my whole foot keeping me awake at night. The doctors told me it could take up to a year and they won't do a scan on it. I wonder if it is ligaments. All I want is to be able to get about..

I have broken my foot in 2 places. One is a fracture and one is broken in two. Doctor gave me a small boot, that's all. He did not say if I could walk on it or not. So far it's been too painful to try. He didn't give me crutches or anything!.