Deep Vein Thrombosis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Leg, DVT).
For deep vein thrombosis, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I thought I had pulled a muscle in the calf of my left leg. I went to the doctor, and he sent me home and told me to exercise, give it three weeks, and it should be fine. This was on a Wednesday. By that Saturday, I could not even handle weight on my left foot at all. I went to the emergency room and found out I had a deep vein thrombosis that was from above my left knee that went all the way to my ankle. I was admitted and immediately started on Lovenox shots and Warfarin. I am home and doing better. Thank goodness I listened to my body and not the doctor..

A week after having an angioplasty, my right leg began to show signs of swelling on a Friday night. By Monday, I called my cardiologist and he said to go immediately to the emergency room. I did and spent the next 10 hours there. They ran an ultrasound and some other test. I saw a doctor and then was sent home, saying they couldn’t find anything even though my leg was more than two inches larger than the other. I went back to the cardiologist the next day. He was shocked at the size of my leg and sent me to a vascular doctor whom I did not see until two days later. They found a deep vein thrombosis in my groin area immediately. They put me in the hospital for five days on IV heparin, followed by six months on Coumadin. I have had another angioplasty since then, and this time I didn't have a blood clot. Thank God!.