Dehydration (Adults) - Causes and Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dehydration (Adults).
What was the cause of your dehydration and how was it treated?

My mother was brought to ER because she was dehydrated, they kept her over night and put on a IV of liquids. .

I had to have my colon removed due to ulcerative colitis. Diet and meds control how often I have a bowel movement but I always have diarrhea. Dehydration is a real problem for me and I've been hospitalized several times for it. My symptoms were lightheadedness, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate, muscle cramps, extreme tiredness, loss of appetite and weight loss. In the hospital IV fluids, magnesium and salt tablets got me back in order..