Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Heat Rash.
Please describe your experience with heat rash.

I get heat rash under my watch whether I'm wearing it or not. I also get it around my bra line, on my sides, stomach, and under my waste. It's also common for me to see it on my hands. I break out in hives, and in severe cases, the hives look like welts or blisters. I just take Benadryl for it, and it usually takes the itching away. Once I do that, I try to get out of the heat, and it goes the rest of the way on its own. Although, I got the most severe case I've ever had while at the gym this morning. The prickly sensations almost had me in tears..

I recently took a trip to Malaysia. It was hot and humid. Even though I was in air conditioning for most of the trip, I developed a skin rash around the outside of my arm pits and on the front side of both of my thighs. I thought it was something quite serious as I had never experienced this before, but my doctor told me it was a skin heat rash. It’s been three days since I detected it, and it feels itchy and hot to the touch..