Scorpion Sting - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting.
Share your scorpion sting treatment experience

Couple days ago I was stung by a scorpion in the middle of nowhere. I was in a fishing trip with a friend. It was scary but luckily I found a guy there who had been stung about 20 times. He tied my hand, made a small cut, and sucked the blood off it. He told it will burn awfully and I may have some climate change in my body, like feeling the rain and snow and sometimes feeling so hot. It did but my hand stayed numb for 14 hours. I didn't go to the hospital..

Published: March 14

I live in Lagos, Nigeria western part. I was stung by a scorpion for the first time and as I am writing this I am scared, am only feeling the sharp pain from the sting. There is no light so there is no where I can lay my hands on ice and it's late. I still feel ok apart from being scared. I drank a lot of palm oil though but no change. It is a little scorpion. So I think I will have to wait for hours to see if a reaction occurs..