Scorpion Sting - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scorpion Sting.
Share your scorpion sting treatment experience

Published: December 03

I was stung in Hawaii in the jungle by dark brown scorpion, about 3 inches long. I was stung on my shin, just above the hiking boot. Excruciatingly painful! I had to walk over an hour out of the area on rough trail. By the time we got to our car I was dizzy, tingling all over, still in lots of pain. I used Lanacane anti-sting lotion at wound site, and bourbon for mental distress. I was sore and unable to eat for a couple of days. One week later, wound is still clearly visible. I'm going to get a scorpion tattoo there!.

Scorpions don't bite. I was stung on big toe and had unbearable pain for about 8 hours. It felt like hot coals being applied to my foot and leg. I took prescription pain medicines and 2 Benadryl tablets and passed out, when I woke the pain was gone. The next day I had severe numbness, tingling, and pins and needles feeling. On the 3rd day all better. I hate scorpions!.