Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with Rocky Mountain spotted fever?

I got a tick off me on a Friday. By, Monday l was swollen in my face and hand and was sick like I had the flu! I tried to work two days, and by the end of my Tuesday shift, my legs and feet were swollen so bad l could barely walk and l felt foggy. I also had huge red rashes under the skin, above each ankle. I went to the emergency room (ER), doctor said he didn't think it was Rocky Mountain spotted fever, but was going to treat me for tick bite. I had IV of strong antibiotics, doxycycline, something other and 20 pills of the same for 10 days. They said in 15 days they'll know my blood test results, and no call is a good thing! I have been so sick, severe joint aches, and weak, tired and just somedays barely go! Twenty three days later came a call from the hospital and they said l was positive for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Thanks to the medicines, it made it my first and last trip to the ER! The nurse said my veins were extremely small, and asked if l used to abuse steroids! Unimpressed with doctor’s concern. If l go to the doctor l am sick, and l was actually afraid to drive, but more afraid of not going!.

I went to the doctor with a blistering rash that looked more like chicken pox than anything. I was tested for both bacteria and viruses and the results just came back with me testing positive for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. I did not have a fever, chills or headaches. I did have some stomach cramps but didn't think anything of it since my guts are always a mess. I am waiting now for one other test. I am just staying with the doxycycline and the cream they prescribed as the rash is definitely in retreat..