Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with Rocky Mountain spotted fever?

I went to the doctor with a blistering rash that looked more like chicken pox than anything. I was tested for both bacteria and viruses and the results just came back with me testing positive for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. I did not have a fever, chills or headaches. I did have some stomach cramps but didn't think anything of it since my guts are always a mess. I am waiting now for one other test. I am just staying with the doxycycline and the cream they prescribed as the rash is definitely in retreat..

I had what I thought was an infected chigger bite in early July. About a week later I started having body aches followed by fever. On July 17 I went to the VA (Veteran’s Affairs), and they drew blood to check for Lyme and RMSF (Rocky Mountain spotted fever). A week later I was feeling better and got the call that both tests came back negative. I was told to do a follow up in a couple of weeks. Today (before my follow up even happened) I got a call from the Department of Public Health concerning my positive test result for RMSF. Apparently my test was read wrong by the VA. I have not been prescribed any medication. I have been having extreme fatigue but thought it was just due to the heat and keeping up with my kids. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some answers and can begin treatment. I just hope I haven't had any permanent damage due to the delay in treatment..