Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with Rocky Mountain spotted fever?

Published: June 15

I didn't experience a rash or even muscle aches. The only thing I felt was severe headaches that got even worse than migraines. They got so bad that they were debilitating and it hurt to even nod. One night I went to the hospital because it got so bad, and my blood pressure was 170/98 because of the pain. They did a tick panel and found Rocky Mountain spotted fever..

I got a tick off me on a Friday. By, Monday l was swollen in my face and hand and was sick like I had the flu! I tried to work two days, and by the end of my Tuesday shift, my legs and feet were swollen so bad l could barely walk and l felt foggy. I also had huge red rashes under the skin, above each ankle. I went to the emergency room (ER), doctor said he didn't think it was Rocky Mountain spotted fever, but was going to treat me for tick bite. I had IV of strong antibiotics, doxycycline, something other and 20 pills of the same for 10 days. They said in 15 days they'll know my blood test results, and no call is a good thing! I have been so sick, severe joint aches, and weak, tired and just somedays barely go! Twenty three days later came a call from the hospital and they said l was positive for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Thanks to the medicines, it made it my first and last trip to the ER! The nurse said my veins were extremely small, and asked if l used to abuse steroids! Unimpressed with doctor’s concern. If l go to the doctor l am sick, and l was actually afraid to drive, but more afraid of not going!.