Supraventricular Tachycardia - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT, PSVT).
What was the treatment for your supraventricular tachycardia?

Published: March 06

I didn't know anything about supraventricular tachycardia before three days ago. I thought it was because of stress. It is one of the signs. I am shocked that I have this condition. One thing they don't mention is that at 50 I am not menopausal, so that is when I feel the flutters the most. I hope with weight loss and exercise I can get better..

I am working in financial industry; sedentary, stressful job. I am a nonsmoker, nondrinker, and no exercise; 45 lb. overweight. Five months before supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) incident, I suffered severe back injury. At time of SVT, took opioids, muscle relaxers, Xanax, and sleeping pill. I have no history of heart issues..