Sleepwalking - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sleepwalking.
Do you sleepwalk, or do you know someone that sleepwalks?

At 75 and living alone, this really terrifies me. I have never done this before, but had about seven episodes of sleep walking in the past year. I have no idea why they started. About five were minor, finding my kitchen a mess in the morning, but it was spotless the night before. Worst two cases I was injured. I found myself fully dressed in the back yard and unable to get inside. I smashed my toe and that woke me. The worst was a month ago. I woke with head pain and found blood on my pillow and a scalp wound. In the dining room, chairs and furniture was overturned. This really scares me but I have no idea what to do. Going to bed is no longer fun; it's terrifying..

Published: June 26

I woke up with a full on black eye last night. Now here is the situation; I have always had sleeping issues, insomnia, i.e., waking up throughout the night, not being able to fall asleep, waking up before I need to and not being able to go back to sleep, and sleepwalking which is always hearsay. I am a 31 year old woman and have been taking Ambien or zolpidem every night for as long as I can remember up until about 3 or 4 months ago when I decided to reduce my sleeping aids. I am now at a point where I don't take sleeping pills for nights on end. The problem I have been encountering the past few months is unexplained bruises all over my body, they are sporadic. As of last night I had no rhyme or reason for these bruises. But I woke up this morning with a full on black eye! Lucky me, I fell asleep watching a movie last night with my makeup on. The evidence is on the corner of my bathroom door, makeup colors match perfectly and of course it is eye level! I don't remember leaving the living room, getting in my bed, walking into the bathroom, or even running into the wall but the evidence is clear! Now back to sleeping pills. Sleepwalking is one of the main reasons I was taking sleeping pills in the first place. Case solved!.