Vertigo - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

Published: June 08

I don't know when vertigo started, I lost my hearing after a virus and with hearing aid I get by. I've had episodes of dizziness and they didn't last very long. They said it is middle ear fluid, gave medication and I took physical education to learn how to cope with dizziness. Then in November 2014 these episodes became more frequent to severe, I did not have nausea but I couldn't walk without help. I was given medication again, but it lasted for nearly 3 months, and in severity up and down. I stopped drinking coffee, tea, and wine, and changed diet but nothing seemed to make much difference. I was put on antibiotic and prednisone for six weeks, and yes, there was a marked improvement. Hearing improved, balance improved and I felt good, able to do things I had not been able to do for months. I've stopped prednisone a week ago and antibiotic 10 days ago. I was working in the yard bending over and bingo; I was spinning and balance was bad. I took one merazine and lay down, and am feeling better, but up now and looking for answers. MRI and scans show no reason for dizziness. May be middle ear and Epley don't work with this..

Published: April 21

I have been dealing with dizziness for years and always thought it was due to a bad neck, but recently this has been going on in my sleep. It literally would wake me up, and really scared me so I decided to see a doctor. I found out I have vertigo, and now it’s time for recovery from this. I start therapy this week, can’t wait, I felt like I was losing my mind..