Vertigo - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

I woke up on my right side and the room was spinning. I turned to my left side hoping changing positions would help. It did not. I then turned to my back and it subsided somewhat but the moment I moved back to the right side in order to get upright, it began over again. I waited for several minutes for it to subside and made sure I could walk safely. I went to the bathroom and the movement made me start heaving. Nothing came up but I dry heaved every time I tried to move. I ended up later in the day going to the emergency room. I was told that I had inner ear stones. That minute calcium particles had dislodged and were floating around in the fluid and causing me to feel unbalanced. I went through several movement tests and it seemed that my vertigo had gone. I went home was fine for the rest of the night. The next day I was much better but the following day I was right back to the dizziness and am currently experiencing the same symptoms four days later. If my symptoms continue, I will contact my doctor..

I am a 37 year old male and I have had Vertigo since I was 12 years old. When my first episode happened I was rushed to the ER and proceeded to vomit all over the place. Needless to say after an MRI and CAT scan and had suspected that I had a brain tumor. Needless to say I didn’t. It seems that every 4-5 years I have a huge spell of Vertigo that knocks me out for a week. I am unable to move without throwing up. One day I looked in the mirror (or tried to) and my eye balls were going crazy, going right to left repeatedly. I can sympathize with all of you who are battling this. When a bout hits, it really hits. Although I have been unable to find a cure or find medication that works (willing to try anything), I have found some interesting ways to combat it: If it only happens when you lay down, try laying on your stomach (slowly) and face down. You’re going to have to sleep like that all night long so find a good body pillow. The one thing I have found is that the only cure is to let your body work its way through it. It usually takes 3-7 days depending. If anyone has found medication that works please share! Although I have been unable to find a cure or find medication that works (willing to try anything), I have found some interesting ways to combat it: If it only happens when you lay down, try laying on your stomach (slowly) and face down. Your going to have to sleep like that all night long so find a good body pillow. The one thing I have found is that the only cure I have found is to let your body work its way through it. It usually takes 3-7 days depending. If anyone has found medication that works please share!.