Vertigo - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

My vertigo started on a Saturday morning. I got out of bed and everything started spinning. And every time I would lay back down I threw up, and this happened for two days. I lost 8 pounds of body fluids. I went to the doctor on Monday and said I had scar tissue from a 1999 surgery and also fluid buildup. I am taking prednisone for 5 days and also taking the motion sickness medication. It's better but I feel like I'm drunk..

Published: June 15

My vertigo started about 2 years ago. I just woke up one morning, the room was spinning and I couldn't even sit up. Once I sat up I threw up. I have since been taking meclizine which helps but has not stopped it from happening. My doctor wants me to try physical therapy which I am starting next week. I am so tired of this. I think I am also going to go to an ear, nose and throat specialist to check out my ears..