Vertigo - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertigo.
What symptoms were associated with your vertigo?

I have dealt with vertigo for 16 years. Adjusted my life as much as possible, sleep on an inclined pillow to avoid lying flat as that is what triggers my vertigo. It is difficult to exercise or visit the doctor. They all want you to lie flat. I had migraine aura for years then developed migraines in recent years. I use saline solution in nose to try to keep sinus clear. I have not taken medication. After an episode I have sweating and nausea for hours. I have had neurological work up to confirm positional vertigo. Feeling is that mine might be related to stiff muscles in the neck. I have tried exercises to fix it but nothing works. Unpleasant but I guess I am stuck for life..

The vertigo started when I would reach down to pick something up. I would almost fall on to the floor. Then it would happen when I would roll over at night. The entire room would spin. I thought at first it was my blood sugar or something else. Doctor visit diagnosed vertigo, and was given medication. It still happens every once in a while..