Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy.
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.

I had a colonoscopy 8 years ago. I remember saying ouch, and then waking up in my room. I had another one two days ago, felt everything, and had to ask the doctor to stop, really painful. The doctor said he gave me 2 does of sedation, I was standing talking to him he said there was no way I should be standing, let alone dressed and ready to go home. He said he would book me in to have a MRI to scan what he could not finish. After reading all about it, no way! I had stomach ache since..

Well, I had the split preparation and then a colonoscopy. The preparation was not bad at all, not bad tasting at all; the Gatorade and Pedialyte tasted worse, too sweet. I was totally clear at the end of it. I slept as soon as the drugs went in, Fentanyl and Versed, then lucky enough to wake up to watch the screen and see the labyrinth that is my large bowel. Great. Then back to sleep. I just have to say that this test is so important. Don't be put off by the fear of preparation that may taste bad or opinions of others; form your own opinion..