Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy.
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.

Published: April 14

I just had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy today. It was nothing at all. The staff were super nice and my doctor was the best. I did the Gatorade Miralax preparation and it was so easy. No nasty taste and no nausea. Don't be afraid, it's just no big deal..

Published: April 12

Rest assured this colonoscopy test is not painful. Take the drugs they offer during the test and you really won't feel any pain or embarrassment. It is very short and everyone is there to help you. Do not believe the horror stories! The worst part is drinking the preparation. I did the 2 part Suprep. First part at 6 pm followed by a quart of water and the second part (same quantities) at 4 AM because my test was at 8 AM. Getting that all down while feeling slightly nauseous was a bit tough. I added some mint leaves to the water and it did help. The gut cleansing was a bit messy. I suggest super soft tissue with aloe followed by some soothing vitamin E oil or aloe. That helped my skin from feeling raw. The test was over and done, clean bill of health! Beats what my sister is going through with stage 4 colon cancer! Do this thing!.