Colonoscopy - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colonoscopy.
Please describe your experience with a colonoscopy.

I just had my first colonoscopy today. It was so much easier than I had imagined. With everyone saying the preparation the day before was the worst, I decided to try to make things as easy on myself as possible. Saturday and Sunday I ate only soft foods and no meats. Monday through Wednesday, I had only clear liquids. I mixed my GoLytely with lemon flavoring and one pack of lemonade drink mix. To my surprise, it wasn't so bad. I started drinking it about noon on Wednesday and was clear by 3. I went in today and during the procedure was given Demerol and Versed. I remember seeing the monitor of the colonoscopy a few times but absolutely no pain. Thirty minutes later I was headed home feeling just a little tired but otherwise, totally fine. I won't be afraid of any future ones..

Published: April 14

I just had my first colonoscopy and endoscopy today. It was nothing at all. The staff were super nice and my doctor was the best. I did the Gatorade Miralax preparation and it was so easy. No nasty taste and no nausea. Don't be afraid, it's just no big deal..