Pancreatitis - Diet Prevention

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pancreatitis.
Has changing your diet helped your pancreatitis?

I had my gallbladder removed in 1999. No problems until the last six months. I started to get old attacks until finally I was diagnosed with pancreatitis when I went to emergency three weeks ago. I was in the hospital for four days. I was told to give up alcohol even though a casual drinker. Three weeks later and I have been on liver cleansing diet and had big improvements until I tried coffee. It been trial and error with food but noticed better with juices, soups and light non-fat, non-processed food. Lots of vegetables, salads, water and smaller meals/snacks as opposed to two or three large meals per day..

I have had my gall bladder removed and like some post before me for years I would go to the hospital and while I was there it would go away. I got so bad that I would draw circles where the pain was so I could at least show where it started. After that surgery 1 year later I started having pancreatitis attacks every other week. My doctor told me that if I did not stop drinking I would die. I stopped drinking but kept having attacks and they started removing some of my medications I was taking on a daily basis. .