Pancreatitis - Diet Prevention

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pancreatitis.
Has changing your diet helped your pancreatitis?

I had my gallbladder removed in 1999. No problems until the last six months. I started to get old attacks until finally I was diagnosed with pancreatitis when I went to emergency three weeks ago. I was in the hospital for four days. I was told to give up alcohol even though a casual drinker. Three weeks later and I have been on liver cleansing diet and had big improvements until I tried coffee. It been trial and error with food but noticed better with juices, soups and light non-fat, non-processed food. Lots of vegetables, salads, water and smaller meals/snacks as opposed to two or three large meals per day..

Published: December 31

Alcohol is the worst enemy. Highly rich foods bring on the pain as well. Lobster has been noted on several cases through my internal medicine physician. I am an alcoholic and continue with this..