Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome.
What treatment was effective for your TMJ?

I have had TMJ for just over 6 months. My symptoms were very broad. It started with severe dizziness which I thought was just vertigo for 3 months. I visited so many different doctors and was diagnosed with migraines, nasal infection (as indeed I had one), migraines, flu, tumor, the list goes on. I have seen 3 GPs, 2ENTs, 1 vestibular specialist, 1 neurologist, 2 TMJ specialists, 2 dentists and an allergist. I've been told that Botox can be a great solution and am now considering. I'm close to ending my career that I love which involves lots of driving and travelling which I am unable to do due to my conditions. I wish there was a cure for this terrible syndrome. .

Published: December 03

I have had TMJ since my twenties after a car accident. Icing helps much more than heat. .