Kidney Stones - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Stones.
What treatment was effective for your kidney stones?

I've had kidney stones approx. 25 times since 2000 -- my urologist says they are "classic" calcium stones, yet offers no help in prevention -- he's also greedy with the pain meds -- tells me that a particular stone "isn't very bad and should not be too bad" it's evident he's never had one & I wish our city had more than 2 urologists so I could find someone who actually cared about me and my pain rather than just getting rich off repeat trips for an unresolved problem.

I just passed my fourth kidney stone. It was the absolute worst pain ever. I had abdominal pain, extreme pain in my testicles, and vomiting. Because it was my fourth stone. I knew exactly what to do. I went to the ER and got an IV mainly for fluids. I also got a shot of Toradol. I urinated through a screen and passed every stone within 72 hours. .