Bronchitis - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bronchitis (Chronic).
How was your bronchitis diagnosed?

My bronchitis started out from a slight buildup in my chest. I had loaded my boat in the cold weather and did not dress very warm. The next day was a slight build up. The second day I started coughing. By the 3rd day I was coughing up big globs of yellow phlegm. I thought it was a chest cold. I started taking Mucinex and Advil, which helped a little, but I could not sleep. Finally I went to the doctor, and he gave me antibiotics and an inhaler and benzonatate. I started sleeping but still wheezing and coughing on the 8th day..

I woke with a dry cough and coughed for 48 hours. By the weekend, I could not cough because I was so sore. I went to urgent care. My chest X-rays revealed a shadow and I was prescribed antibiotics. I took the medicine for a week and started to feel better. I am now ending my second week. I still cough a little and have not regained all my strength. This bronchitis has drained me and will take a few weeks to recover. .