Total Hip Replacement - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Total Hip Replacement.
Please describe your total hip replacement experience.

Published: April 22

I had hip replacement in January 2014 due to acetabular dysplasia and I have had pain ever since. I have a hard time walking by the end of the day and I walk with a limp. I have seen a few orthopedic doctors, had hip aspirations, bone scan and many other tests. Doctors say they don't see anything wrong. I'm tired of being in pain and I can't do what I want to do. I know it's not all in my head!.

Published: March 29

It is almost 2 years since my total hip replacement surgery, and not much improvement. There are times I can hardly walk, I get a stab like pain in hip. The only help I receive is pain pills, and more pain pills. I will not take any more oxycodone. I was on it for over a year and surprised I still have a mind. I would like to have another x-ray to check on the implant. It is like pulling teeth to get my doctor to respond. I tried acupuncture, physical therapy, and heat massage. Apparently nothing helps..