Ovarian Cysts - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ovarian Cysts.
What was the treatment for your ovarian cancer cysts?

I went to the (emergency room) ER for the first time ever this past Saturday with pain that I thought was a kidney stone. After test, it showed I had a cyst on my right ovary. On Monday, I still had lots of pain and my gynecologist sent me back to the ER for re-evaluation. This time a leaking cyst on my right ovary. White blood count was up and running fever off and on. I was sent home with pain medicines and told it would resolve itself. I have to work and I was in the bed for 4 days. Finally I went back to work where I stood on my feet for 9 hours and when I got home I was miserable plus my fever had shot back up. Can't they surgically remove a cyst! I don't get paid if I don't work!.

I'm 58 and 4 months ago I had open surgery to remove a 15 cm cyst and my ovary and tube. It was a piece of cake for the surgery. I don’t want to scare anyone but the healing was hard for a week. I was only in the hospital overnight because the doctor said I did excellent. They did some type of shot to numb my insides for pain. I felt great in the hospital walking up and down the hall with my IV machine. Once I got home the pain was awful. I couldn’t get on and off the bed with the pain but each day it passed. Less than a week later I was cooking dinner. If you have to have the surgery just do it, you will feel so much better. A few days of pain with well worth getting rid of the awful cyst..