Thyroid Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Problems.
What were the signs and symptoms of your thyroid disease?

Wow! I agree with the keep the prayers going. Keep up with the good nutrition and sleep the best we can. I too was treated for graves disease. It has been a long battle with the medication levels and blood work. I just live my day as if it’s not apart of me. I do what I have to do every day, even when It feel tiresome. I can’t change it. So why try. The oblation so far has given me many extra years, I believe. The more I argue with my body, the worse I feel. So I don’t argue with it and learn to cope and live with it. I’m alive and feeding myself spiritually which helps me get through some of the tougher times. I do believe it effects others in the emotional sense as well. That is why I believe it is very important to lift each other up in positive ways, daily. We will be ok. We are survivors. I have health stuff all the time. I go to my doctor and I do what he says, take my meds the way I am told, get my test when I am told, and don’t leave any bits of info out when I talk to my doctor. Sometimes its just apart of who we are and apart of how we were made. We can’t argue with Gods handiwork. God made us exactly the way we are for a purpose. So when I argue with the way God made me, I am arguing with his handiwork and saying I know what’s best I surely don’t. Gods Blessings to everyone and many prayers are going out to those who are like me. .

Well i just got back from the doctors today and I’ve already been diagnosed with hypothyroid about 6 years ago after my second child. It was a relief at that time to have the pill that made me feel alive again! as time went on i switched doctors and have had my dose increase from 25mg to 125mg a day with an extra 25mg on opposite days. Today it’s been increased again to 150mg a day of synthyroid. I’ve gained another 20lbs and i work out at least 3x a week and eat healthy and do yoga. It’s frustrating to struggle with my own body and keep my mind in the right place as well to cope with the struggle. I’m also now taking a stomach acid reducer and that helps with the bloating. Good luck to those out there trying to balance your glands, it’s a long road!.