Thyroid Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Problems.
What were the signs and symptoms of your thyroid disease?

I have had a chronic cough for 4 years, audible stridor at night, and hoarseness. All my thyroid lab tests are normal. I did have a parathyroid tumor that was removed approximately 4 1/2 years ago for primary hyperparathyroidism and this is now corrected. I have had a thyroid nodule that went from 0.7 cm to 1.5 cm in less than a year. I know there is something wrong as I just do not feel well. My endocrinologist says his threshold is 1.5 for biopsy. How do I convince someone to do a FNA (fine needle aspiration) based on my symptoms!.

I have hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. I was diagnosed in 2006. I have been taking levothyroxine and according to my blood test seem to be on the right dosage. However I am now experiencing bad muscle and joint pains and it is getting worse and is making me have struggles going to the gym because I am too stiff and achy. Also I have been continuing to gain weight. I am very frustrated and don't know what else I can do. I have talked with my endocrinologist and she isn't much help other than telling me I need to lose weight and get on a 500 calorie a day diet. Really! I would have no energy at all with that calorie intake..