Shingles - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shingles.
What were the symptoms and signs of your shingles?

Published: December 09

My right hand felt like I broke my wrist. I could not figure out how I broke it and the pain was bad. I have a few tiny red marks in the area. I went to the doctor to have to have it checked out and my doctor said it was shingles..

Before the rash appeared, I noticed a slight stabbing pain on my lower right side. I was running a 99.2 temperature and feeling tired. Within three days the rash appeared. It was scarlet red with yellow blisters appeared from front to back. I was diagnosed with shingles. I took the medicine for six days. The rash was slightly sore but not bothering me greatly. On the inside, the pain felt like an open burn on my skin. The rash lasted for 30 days. It is now 40 days and the constant burn has remained in the same spot. It is not traveling. I spend most days just resting. I also use an ice pack on that spot and melatonin to sleep. .