Shingles - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shingles.
What were your shingles symptoms and signs?

Published: June 09

My shingles outbreak started with a patch of tender skin on my right scalp that hurt when touched. Next I started getting an ache in my right jaw back around my molars. I thought maybe I had a deep cavity or something. Then my right ear started aching the next day. Then later the third day, I started getting red bumps around my right ear and on the right side of my face. These started aching and were itchy, so I went to the doctor and found out it was shingles..

Published: June 01

I've had shingles twice now. Once when I was 29 or 30 and again last week at 45. This time the pain was in my neck. I was sensitive to the touch and the pain went from my neck to my jaw, and then into my ear. It felt like an ear ache and I could barely open my jaw. I only had 2 or 3 blisters and they were very hard to detect. Hope this helps someone else..