Shingles - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shingles.
What were the symptoms and signs of your shingles?

The shingles started out with a sunburn-like feeling on the right side of my neck, and by that evening I had two blisters on the back of my neck. By the next morning I had a 2 inch patch, and by that evening two more patches. By the next morning another patch with a few blisters here and there. I'm now in the 4th day and getting some stabbing pains up the back of my skull..

I had usual sore muscles on Friday. I always get some and stiffness around weather changes. I woke up Saturday with a 2 inch diameter rash on my back. I thought I had poison ivy. At this time I have no pain and it only slightly itches so I have not scratched. By Tuesday I decided it could not be poison ivy because it would have itched worse. I had suspicions it was shingles. I still had no pain. I went to the doctor and they say it is shingles and prescribed anti-viral medicines. I can't figure out why I am not having pain..