Pneumonia - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bacterial Pneumonia.
What was the treatment for your pneumonia?

For my pneumonia, I was hospitalized, as both my lungs were infected. I received Lasix injections and antibiotics. It was not helping, so I had a bronchoscopy done. A large amount of fluid was drained from my lungs. The doctor stated that there was something like a cork/plug holding up the fluid from draining. I was sent home two days later, and was still very sick/weak, with no appetite. The nurse said I should be getting some strength back in about 7 to 10 days..

My 11 year old daughter started with a fever. On the fourth day I took her to the Doctor's because her fever went away but she started with a chronic cough and hives. (Students in her school were recently diagnosed with pneumonia). Her lungs sounded clear and they said it was viral. Over the next 6 days and 2 more office visits, they gave me cough medicine and an inhaler. On the 10th day, 4th dr. visit, she was finally diagnosed with pneumonia through hearing the crackling in her lungs. She given Amoxicillin and was remarkably better after 24 hours. 20 days later her sister now has it (determined by x-ray) and I think I probably do too--need to get a chest x-ray..