Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot In The Lung) - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Pulmonary Embolism.
What was the treatment for your blood clots in the lung?

Published: June 01

Two weeks ago I fell from the railing on my deck and tore my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). I was placed in a knee Immobilizer until an MRI determined the damage. I started experiencing pain and slight swelling in my calf. Ten days after the fall an MRI confirmed the ACL tear and an ultrasound confirmed multiple DVTs (deep vein thrombosis). At the emergency room the doctor got concerned because I had low oxygen levels and high respirations. Sure enough, there were multiple PEs (pulmonary embolisms) in both lungs. This was 2 days ago and yesterday I was sent home with blood thinners and no other instructions. I have to admit I'm a little scared..

Published: April 14

The treatment for my pulmonary embolism (PE) was oxygen, nebulizers, inhalers and warfarin. I had the PE in May and by August 20th all of the above were taken away with the exception of warfarin. I was taken off warfarin on March 1st this year and will have blood work done on May 1st of this year..