Swollen Lymph Nodes - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes.
What was the cause of your swollen lymph nodes?

I recently had the quadrivalent flu shot because I'm over 65 (67). There was normal stiffness in my left arm because of the shot, but nothing I couldn't handle. Two days later I noticed a lymph node just inside my clavicle area was swollen and very sore to the touch. It will be a week tomorrow, though the soreness is gone, the node is still a bit swollen. My doctor said the lymph node is doing its job and to give it a bit more time. Not sure if I should be worried or not..

Published: April 07

I noticed a swollen lymph node under my jaw in April 2014. Antibiotics were given. In October 2014 it was the size of a grape and still is today. I feel fine. No fevers, night sweats, weight loss, etc. X-rays show two swollen lymph nodes 1.5 cm and 1 cm, both next to each other. Ultrasound showed them as well. But nothing alarming. Fine needle biopsy showed nothing. CT scan with dye showed the nodes are still enlarged and nothing else suspicious. ENT says watch and wait. I go back on May 29 2015. They do not get smaller or bigger. The doctors don't seem too concerned. But I am..