Swollen Lymph Nodes - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes.
What was the cause of your swollen lymph nodes?

Published: December 24

I got some swollen spots that were hot an red to the touch on the back of my lower leg. They was moved around which was very weird. They never went away so I went to the doctor and was swollen lymph nodes. I took strong antibiotics for ten days and thought I needed more. Mine were very painful. It was hard to sit down because of the pressure on my leg. I still have a tender lump and want to get it checked again..

I had shingles a few months ago and all of my glands/lymph nodes on the right side of my face, behind my ear, and neck were swollen. Now, I have swollen lymph nodes on the back of my neck. I have taken strong antibiotics two times and they are not getting better. I have headaches, light fever, and a sore throat off and on. My doctor is finally doing blood work to see what is going on..