Herpes Simplex Infections - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cold Sores.
How were your herpes simples infections (cold sores, non-genital) treated?

Published: March 21

I am a 42-year-old male who owns a stressful business. In the past three years, due to my business going under, I stressed a lot. I have been getting cold sores about six to seven times a year, especially during winter. I have tried all the name brand staff and nothing has worked for me. I read once an article online that people in Europe use liquid Benzocaine like Anbesol and take a few tabs of ibuprofen. Since 2012, I have gotten them about five times, and right away, I use the oral liquid and take the ibuprofen. This method works the best for me. It stops them in their tracks with zero healing time! Try it and it'll work for you. Now I’m all smiles..

I am 47 and get recurring cold sores. Someone once told me to put ice on it and keep it on there for a minute or two, long enough to freeze the nerves. So, of course I tried it. Sure enough it stops it right in his tracks. I was so amazed. So when I get a cold sore now I just put ice on it. I don't buy $30 medications..