Fibromyalgia - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fibromyalgia.
How was your fibromyalgia treated?

I too have been diagnosed with this life altering disease. The sad part is, it causes so much pain and disability but my doctor says it is not grounds to place me on disability. I am in trouble at work now and I have been sick with no pay. I don't know how long I have had this but a recent operation made the symptoms that much worse, after having a hysterectomy the nurse attempted to make me walk and after standing up my whole body began to shake. I fell back onto the bed and burst into tears, it was as if my body went into shock. I understand the person who commented about the dr suggesting exercise but the pain keeps you from doing anything I have just started walking on my treadmill 2 months ago before I could not bear it. I wish that the health industry would recognize this as a real life altering disease..

I have just recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have from moderate to severe pain in most parts of my body, been tested for a lot of things and all came back ok. I have had a lot of stomach pain, the doctors have told me that this could have been brought on from my car wreck two and half years ago, that had crushed my leg. I am now taking cymbalta for depression and fibromyalgia. They tell me exercise but I hurt so bad I don’t want to do anything. I have to make myself get out of bed..