Appendicitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Appendicitis.
For appendicitis, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I had pain under ribs and at back; turned out my appendix had ruptured causing an abscess the size of a large grapefruit next to my liver. By that time I had collapsed lung and pneumonia so they could not operate, but drained the abscess. There was also one attached to my stomach. A year later a very tiny appendix was removed, clearly the remainder of the appendix..

I was walking my dogs on the beach one morning, when I had cramping and I rushed home and had diarrhea. I felt ok and went to work. Around noon I felt lightheaded and started shivering uncontrollably. I had my coworker take me home. I sat in the sun until I warmed up and then rested for the remainder of the day. I felt ok when I woke up the next day but my blood pressure was very low. I had slight tenderness on my lower right side, and cramping and pain around to my back. I googled my symptoms and thought I had a bladder or urinary tract infection. Around noon, I started shivering so uncontrollably that I called a taxi to take me to urgent care. They checked me out and said I had very low blood pressure and was dehydrated but no fever. They hooked me up to an IV for fluids and started blood tests. Seven hours later they still didn't know what was wrong with me and were ready to send me home since they were closing, with the instructions to go to the emergency room (ER) if I had any worsening of symptoms. As I was getting ready to go, some blood tests came back with unusual numbers and they told me to go over to the ER to get checked out. I was in the ER for seven hours, while they did blood tests, pressed on my abdomen, and did an ultrasound which did not reveal anything. They sent me in for a CAT scan which showed appendicitis. And I was admitted that evening and had laparoscopic surgery. They told me my removed appendix had been inflamed. During this whole ordeal, the slight pain in my lower right abdomen was the least of my symptoms..