Appendicitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Appendicitis.
For appendicitis, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

My son woke at 3 am with pain around belly button. The pain was pretty constant. He felt like a bowel motion but couldn't. By about 8.00 am pain moved a little to the right. He was walking hunched over and holding a hand on his tummy. It hurt to lay on either side. Blood test at 9.00 am showed increased WBC but no inflammatory markers. Temperature was 37.3. He was operated upon the next morning to remove the appendix..

My son who was 15 at the time just didn't feel well. He still had an appetite but he was complaining of stomach pain. He woke up on a Friday morning still not feeling well. On Sunday I took him to Urgent Care and urine and blood tests came back negative and no fever. By Monday morning he was not any better so I called family physician who was out of town but the office said if it was appendicitis he would have to go to hospital anyway so to go there. All tests came back negative again and also the ultrasound showed no signs of appendicitis. ER doctor told us it was a virus and that he would be better in a couple of days. By this time I was at my wits end and didn't know what to do. Thankfully my physician’s nurse called me that afternoon and wanted to know how he was feeling and when I told her she put another doctor on the phone with me and he said to get back to the emergency room and we would be seen by the surgeon on call. Thank the Lord because he did one pressure test on stomach and said he was 99% sure he needed surgery. Sure enough he already had infection and appendix was removed..