Concussion - Recovery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion.
Did you have any residual effects from your concussion?

I have had 3 concussions since as small child. When I was 12 I got a concussion from banding my head in the bathroom. I had a concussion when I was 15 years old from being tackled from playing soccer in Gym Class. I had been thrown several feet in the air and landed on my head. I lost consciousness for about 5 minutes. Last August of 2011 I got a concussion and a whiplash from a severe Go-Kart accident. Right now I am a 20 year old girl. Every time I would get the signs of concussion from a head injury I would have to go to the ER and sometimes get admitted overnight for observation..

Published: March 29

The day after Thanksgiving I fell at some point before the next day, I guess, I don't remember the fall, anything for 3 days, still forget so much, it's making me wonder what happened? I also had a wreck and got a DUI. Of course, I don't remember anything, ticket, test, jail, etc. for 3 days and have a terrible memory since the fall on a tile floor, that I cracked with my head. I have to go to court tomorrow to try to make them know that I'm telling the truth. Unfortunately, I have no memory and don't remember the incident, plus days afterwards. I can't pretend to "know" what happened. Using the Police Report to "remember" isn't the best of scenarios, but I have no option because I DON'T remember anything!! I'm going to fight it in court and hope I win. I don't think unless you've had concussions before that you know the capacity of what they can hold for you; present, past and future.... scary!!.