Concussion - Recovery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Concussion.
Did you have any residual effects from your concussion?

Published: June 17

I had frequent pain in the area where the injury occurred. It took three staples to close, and it’s been eight months since this happened. It still hurts..

I have had 3 concussions since as small child. When I was 12 I got a concussion from banding my head in the bathroom. I had a concussion when I was 15 years old from being tackled from playing soccer in Gym Class. I had been thrown several feet in the air and landed on my head. I lost consciousness for about 5 minutes. Last August of 2011 I got a concussion and a whiplash from a severe Go-Kart accident. Right now I am a 20 year old girl. Every time I would get the signs of concussion from a head injury I would have to go to the ER and sometimes get admitted overnight for observation..