Sepsis (Blood Infection) - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sepsis.
How was your sepsis treated?

Published: June 06

I had a case of diarrhea. My doctor sent me to the hospital to have it checked out. They took a sample and said I had sepsis so they gave me an antibiotic. This treatment did not help. About a week later my husband told me what happened. I have no memory of it at all. He said that he took my temperature and said it was 105, and that I was confused, so he called an ambulance to take me to the emergency room. They put me in ICU. After a week I was not getting any better, so they had to intubate me. I was intubated for 6 days, and every time they tried to get me breathing on my own it didn't work. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and rehabilitation for 1 week. My family still tells me the awful stories of those 3 weeks..

My 16 year old daughter had sepsis. she was suffering from severe tonsillitis, her symptoms for sepsis were, high temperature, red rash over most of her body, fast heartbeat, dehydration, lethargic, sickness, low blood pressure, sore throat, she was in hospital for 3 days on IV drip then sent home with antibiotics. Our doctor was brilliant and spotted it straight away and sent us to hospital..