Fainting - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fainting.
What was the cause of your fainting?

I have fainted since I was in 4th grade. I am now 61. I was diagnosed with sinus tachycardia in 1989 and have been on beta blockers ever since. Time to time they have had to be changed and dosage adjusted; but currently on 50mg. Tenormin. July 24 became lightheaded while singing hymns at church and I sat down as I knew the signs and didn't want to faint and cause a scene. The following Sun., July 31 it happened again; only during the sermon I became very lightheaded. I leaned over and even lay across my husband's lap trying to avoid fainting. I finally realized I was going to either faint; so I asked him to help me out of the sanctuary. He helped me through the double doors in the entrance hall where I had to lay down. A nurse who attends there saw me and followed us and helped by getting some wet paper towels and water. Once I was able to get up my husband and I left. I saw my electro physiologist and cardiologist today and he said I appear to be fine and advised me to continue as I've been. He only wants me to drink more water and Gatorade for electrolytes and if I have another episode he wants to do some kind of EKG test where they go up through the groin and stimulate my heart and see if he can recreate the episode. I have had tilt table and did not faint. Very confusing..

Published: December 31

I was in a store at the checkout line when I started shaking. Then I could not hear anything, and I fell backwards, fainting. It was the weirdest thing. .