Fainting - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fainting.
What was the cause of your fainting?

Published: June 06

I fainted couple of days ago for the second time. First time happened two years ago. I have a spine injury and suffer from severe migraine headaches. The doctor did ECG and brain scan but could not find any obvious reasons. I had migraine symptoms at the time and got up to take sumatriptan. Next moment I found myself on floor. I am very worried it could happen again whilst driving or something. I have sound in my ears like water moving and pain on the right side of neck..

Published: March 10

I have fainted twice within a year, but I’ve never had any health issues in my life. The recent one just a couple of days ago was at a concert, and I had only been there for about an hour or so when everything slowed down and my body didn’t feel like my own. I kept noticing small things about people walking by, like their skin and I began to see little white spots in my vision until the white spots got bigger and I guess I passed out then. My friends said that I just fell straight backwards and my eyes rolled back and I had no pulse for a minute. The people carried me out of the crowd and I was out for about 20 minutes until she poured ice on me. Even after I was conscious I was still very disoriented and had a hard time understanding and responding to the paramedic’s questions but he checked everything and said I was fine and to not drive. But on my way home I had this pounding headache. Even after a couple of days the headache remains and my entire body is sore..