Broken Toe - Healing

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Broken Toe.
Did your broken toe affect your daily movements and activities?

A few days ago I hit my foot on a table and thought I had stubbed my toe! Well to my disbelief I look down at my left foot and all my toes were going straight and my pinky toe decided to take a left turn! Well after going to the doctor and finding out it was broken in half, I am in a boot with it taped to the next toe. Back to the doctor Monday to see if it stayed in place. Lots of swelling and pain to walk! Hanging in there though!.

OK on the last day of my 2 week vacation, I slammed my toes into the wooden coffee table while renovating. Said a few curse words for a minute and looked down to see my middle toe on my right foot was sideways. I immediately straightened it. It didn't hurt, so I must have been in shock. Was not going to go to Emergency, but after looking at some cases on line, decided I better. My husband drove me and the X-Ray was a positive break. (But they said I did a great job resetting it.) It's only been over a week, but I have been walking on it and wearing 2" flip flops and even walked to the gym yesterday with my sneakers on. It's got a big lump in the middle, but it's still straight. I hope I haven't done more damage to it. The Doctors didn't give me any special shoe or even recommend one, in fact, they told me to wear closed in shoes with a rigid sole. It really does mess up your everyday living, but it looks like I've got another 5 weeks before it heals..